Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Preparation

Sunday is drawing ever closer, moving day, back to the eastern shore. Back to Legal spirits cream of crab soup, Ava's brick oven pizza, Sunday drives by the bay, dear friends and was there any mention of the food?! I keep reminding myself of all of these things as I prepare myself for what I will miss about PA.
I will particularly miss morning visits from my Mom. Even after running into a wall last night, and a late night trip to the E.R, she was eager to leave her house early, before work, to pay us a visit. It was a good thing too because like a seasoned Mommy, she detected a fever in Micah instantly. The thermometer confirmed her accuracy and I had a slight moment of panic wondering if I would have caught this. I know she will only be a phone call away with tips and advice, but I will miss having only a mile between us, to share these spontaneous moments. I know her faithful corolla is anxiously waiting to log some MD miles, so I am comforted by this. That is all for now. Naptime will be ending and I am anxious to cuddle my little buddy through his first fever!
Micah and his loving Grammy, prayer warrior, fever finder, wall runner intoer... :)

3 comments:

  1. That is quite possibly the best description I have ever heard of your mom! :) Don't be surprised if Micah sleeps a lot today because of the fever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing mother you are Joc, beautiful writer and I love you dearly! too funny Christine. Yes she knows her mommy very well :) p.s. tooth finder??

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are and will continue to be a wonderful mother! You just needed to be broken in on the first fever experience. Remember how I said you will know after feeling a fever on your first child and never forget. Well now you know. It's a feeling you will forever recognize. My dear Jocelyn I shall miss having you so close however geography will never lesson our closeness. Can't wait for our new routines! How sweet it will be as I am completely confident in both your and Andrew's ability to parent.

    ReplyDelete